This is an easy chicken dinner or lunch that can be easily taken on the go as well. It can also be quite impressive for lunch or dinner guests because I find it visually beautiful.
I am totally guilty of buying kitchen appliances and tools and filling drawers thinking I need it all. I am recently moved and started fresh in my kitchen (not even a spatula was). The vegetable spiralizer/zoodle maker was one of the first things to make its return.
A few zucchinis from the farmers market and that spiralizer bring together quite a lovely, vibrant pile of pasta. Sometimes I make it ahead and juice some lemons and let the zoodles soak in the refrigerator until I am ready to use them . I also like to have a few fresh herbs always at hand, so I had to train myself to always also visit the herb section on my regular trip to the grocery store. Adding fresh cilantro, chives, oregano, or parsley can add so much flavor to a simple dish. For this salad I added cilantro but you could also get more creative and add lemongrass, or basil as well.
Ingredients for Green Salad :
- 2 Zucchini
- handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Trader Joes Orange Champaign vinaigrette (or 1tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- optional: pumpkin seeds, peanuts, cashews, basil, lime, chives
Tools: Veggie Spiralizer
- 2 Chicken breast
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 spoonful of greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 Lime squeezed for juice (or 1 tsp orange champaign vinaigrette or apple cider vinegar)
- Put Chicken in Ziplock bag with Marinade.
- Set aside while you assemble green salad, You can also choose to Marinade Chicken a day in advance or a few hours prior.
- Spiralize the zucchini and place in a bowl.
- Toss zucchini with all other ingredients, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can be kept for a day or two in the fridge and used for easy lunch on the go as well. Enjoy 🙂